Welcome to Hood River Garlic!
This page last updated on January 23rd, 2022. All Organic Seed Garlic and Organic Culinary Garlic in the shopping cart now will be shipped starting in mid September, 2022, after our July, 2022 harvest. The shopping cart is ready for the fall planting season!
There is no garlic in the shopping cart that is available to be shipped now.
For your information: we will keep this shipping schedule posted for you to reference throughout the year. This was our shipping schedule for last years (fall 2021) garlic shipping season. If you would like your garlic seed to be shipped in September, please order it before June. Thank you! This is an estimated schedule for 2022. The dates will obviously change for 2022, but it gives you a general idea.
If you ordered your garlic seed for the fall 2021 garlic planting season in:
- January, your garlic shipped between Sept 15th – Sept 17th. Yippee! Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Sept 18th.
- February, your garlic shipped between Sept 18th – Sept 19th. Yay! Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Sept 20th.
- March, your garlic shipped between Sept 20th – Sept 22nd. Wahoo! Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Sept 22nd.
- April, your garlic shipped between Sept 22nd – Sept 23rd. Congratulations! Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Sept 25th.
- May, your garlic shipped between Sept 23rd – Sept 26th. Nice job! Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Sept 28th.
- June, your garlic shipped between Sept 27th – Sept 29th. Awesome! Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Sept 30th.
- July, your garlic shipped between Sept 30th. Get stoked! Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Oct 2nd.
- August 1st – August 15th. Yeeha! Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Oct 5th.
- August 16th – Sept 1st. Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Oct 7th.
Sept 1st through Sept 6th, Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Oct 9th.
Sept 7th through Sept 12th,Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Oct 10th.
- Sept 13th through Sept 17th, Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Oct 12th.
- Sept 18th through Sept 24th, Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Oct 14th.
- Sept 25th through Oct 3rd, Your garlic has shipped and you have received it by Oct 15th.
- Please note: We started taking pre-season orders in January, 2022. We usually sell out of hardnecks by June. If you are interested in hardneck varieties, please order before the end of June. Thanks!
This year marks our 22nd garlic planting season and we are looking forward to our 22nd planting season! Thank you to all of our fabulous customers making it possible for us to provide you with fabulous Certified Organic Seed Garlic and Certified Organic Culinary Garlic.
Please note: Substitutions- Farming is very unpredictable. We do our best to provide premium quality organic seed garlic. We try to manage our inventory as best as possible, but sometimes there may be shortages of certain garlic varieties. If a shortage occurs we will have to make a substitution. We will make the substitution as close as possible to the original garlic variety ordered. If there is not a proper substitution, we will contact you with a selection of comparable varieties. Thank you for your understanding.
Shop by Category
Hood River Garlic – Organic Garlic Seed Stock
Here is a list of Hardneck and Softneck Organic Seed Garlic varieties that we grow here at Hood River Garlic. Due to shortages: all garlic varieties are not available every year. We do our best to provide as many cultivars as we can each year. Here at Hood River Garlic, we plant our organic garlic seed in the fall. We harvest garlic in late June through July. We cure garlic in the barn and begin cleaning garlic in August. We start shipping garlic in mid September and ship into October and sometimes November. We have started taking pre-season orders for the 2021 fall garlic planting season. Please note: Pre-season orders means if you order now, your garlic seed will be shipped in September (and into October) for the fall planting season. All orders placed now (May 5th, 2021) will be shipped starting the third week of September, 2021. All orders are shipped in the order that they are received, so if you live in the North and want an early ship date, please order before May. Some years we have Silverskin varieties for sale in the spring, but it sold out completely last year, so there is no garlic available for spring planting and immediate shipping. Again: there is no garlic available for the Spring 2021 planting season. All Hood River Garlic seed is Certified Organic by the Oregon Tilth.
This page was last updated on May 5th, 2021. Thank you.
- Ajo Rojo
- Asian Tempest
- Brown Rose
- Chesnok Red
- Chinese Red & White
- Deerfield Purple
- Georgia Crystal
- Georgia Fire
- Kranagasger Red
- Red Janice
- Romanian Red
- Russian Red
- Shantang Purple
- Spanish Roja
- Thai Fire
- Thai Purple
Softneck Artichoke Varieties
- California Early
- Chet’s Italian Red
- Corsica Red
- Early Italian Red
- Inchelium Red
- Kettle River
- Nootka Rose
- Oregon Blue
- Polish White
- Silver White
Try Our Recipes!
Garlic scape season is in June. Please call or email for garlic scape availability. See our garlic recipes like Garlic Butter and Garlic in Olive Oil.
Hi TerriI’ve ordered garlic before from your company and it is high quality, I was very pleased with what was sent. I like to try a wide variety to see what works best here, not only for growing but for storage.
Hi Terri! We love y’all’s garlic – the softnecks we get always grow quite well here. We had a very weird, early harvest season for the garlic here. It’s been very wet, so it grew really well very quickly. – I’m glad we’ve got a great company like Hood River to order from. Thanks again!
I am in love with all my garlic plants. My facebook friends are probably sick of hearing how much we have been enjoying our scape pesto. When I was getting slim on garlic scapes I also added radish leaves and horseradish leaves to help it go a long ways. We know the best still is yet to come, I look forward every year to grow my varieties and to buy a few more new ones from you.
Up until today, we had no bare ground around our little piece of earth. Temps in the 60s made a difference and the world is awash with water. We loved the garlic we got from you. It produced very well with great quality, and we are looking forward to this years crop!