Welcome to Hood River Garlic!
This page last updated on January 31st, 2023. We have started taking orders for the 2023 fall planting season. Please order early for September delivery. All organic Garlic Seed and organic Culinary Garlic ordered now (starting January, 2023) will ship starting in mid September, 2023. Thank you!
“The New Year brings new beginnings. It is with great happiness that we bring you this news: Eric and I have decided to transition Hood River Garlic to a wonderful couple: Ron and Brenda Davison. We have been working with Ron and Brenda for over three years and we are confident that you will continue to get the great certified organic garlic that you are used to. Most of the Music, Turban Blossom, Early Italian Red, Transylvanian, Silver White and Nootka Rose and some of the Chesnok Red has all been from their farm in Washington since 2019. We hope that you will continue to be happy customers of Hood River Garlic. Thank you for all the wonderful years that we have had together. We wish you and your families all the best in the years to come.” Terri and Eric.
“We would like to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves as the new owners of Hood River Garlic. We are Ron and Brenda Davison and have been working with Terri and Eric for 3 years. We are a small, family owned and operated organic farm dedicated to growing high quality garlic for our customers. We look forward to getting to know you in the years to come and provide you with the outstanding customer service to which you are accustomed. Thank you for this opportunity to serve you.” Ron and Brenda Davison
This is our 20th (!!!) Anniversary being Certified Organic by the Oregon Tilth! When Ron and Brenda take over, the garlic will still be certified organic, it will just be certified in WA state.
- *The mixed Artichoke culinary garlic is a mix of Early Italian Red, Kettle River and Transylvanian. They are mixed together so they will be in one bag.
- **The mixed Silverskin culinary garlic is a mix of Nootka Rose and Silver White. They are mixed together so they will be in one bag.
Please note: This is a sample shipping schedule from the 2022 Garlic Planting Season. We are keeping it posted so you can have a look and see when your garlic will ship for the 2023 Garlic Planting Season. If you would like your garlic seed to be shipped in September, please order it before June, 2023. Thank you!
If you ordered your garlic seed for the fall garlic planting season in: (remember this is a sample from lasts years garlic planting season!)
- January, your garlic will ship between Sept 15th – Sept 16th. Yippee! Your garlic has shipped.
- February, your garlic will ship between Sept 17th – Sept 18th. Yay! Your garlic has shipped.
- March, your garlic will ship between Sept 18th – Sept 19th. Wahoo! Your garlic has shipped.
- April, your garlic will ship between Sept 19th – Sept 20th. Awesome! Your garlic has shipped.
- May, your garlic will ship between Sept 21st – Sept 22nd. Nice job! Your garlic has shipped.
- June, your garlic will ship between Sept 23rd – Sept 26th. Splendid! Your garlic has shipped!
- July, your garlic will ship between Sept 27th – Oct 1st. Get stoked! Your garlic has shipped!
- August, your garlic will ship Oct 2nd – Oct 4th. Perfecta Mundo! Your garlic has shipped!
- September, your garlic will ship Oct 5th -9th. Splendid! Your garlic has shipped!
- October, Your garlic will ship Oct 11th – Oct 31st.
- Please note: We will begin taking pre-season orders in January, 2023. We usually sell out of the most popular hardneck varieties by July. If you are interested in hardneck varieties, please order before the end of June. Thanks!
This year marks our 22nd garlic planting season and we are looking forward to our 22nd planting season! Thank you to all of our fabulous customers making it possible for us to provide you with fabulous Certified Organic Seed Garlic and Certified Organic Culinary Garlic.
Specializing in certified organic garlic seed for planting garlic in your own garden, Hood River Garlic is a certified organic garlic farm located in the beautiful Hood River Valley, Oregon, USA. We take great pride in growing garlic and strive to sell our customers the best organic garlic seed available. Dedicated to environmental sustainability we have always been organic and became Certified Organic by the Oregon Tilth in May, 2002. This is our 19th year being Certified Organic! All Hood River Garlic is grown in The Columbia River Gorge, from U.S.A. grown organic garlic seed stock.
Please note: Substitutions- Farming is very unpredictable. We do our best to provide premium quality organic seed garlic. We try to manage our inventory as best as possible, but sometimes there may be shortages of certain garlic varieties. If a shortage occurs we will have to make a substitution. We will make the substitution as close as possible to the original garlic variety ordered. If there is not a proper substitution, we will contact you with a selection of comparable varieties. Thank you for your understanding.
Please Note: All garlic seed ordered now will be shipped starting mid September, 2023. There is no garlic available for immediate shipping. If you order garlic from now through mid September and expect it to be shipped immediately, and then ask to cancel your order when you find out it will not ship until mid September, there will be a canceled order fee (please see refund page). Sorry for the cancel order fee, but we try to make it clear that there is no garlic available now. It is written in six different paragraphs and window boxes before you get to the variety that you choose to order, and it is also written in the Garlic Seed Description. Thank you.