- 3 cups packed tender young basil leaves
- 3 heaping Tbsp pine nuts (you can substitute almonds or walnuts)
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse sea salt
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil or more to taste
- 4-5 giant organic Hood River Organic Garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 fresh organic lemon
Combine the basil, pine nuts, and sea salt in a food processor and mix. Gradually add olive oil, mixing with rubber spatula if necessary. The sauce should be the consistency of a paste, not a puree.
Add the Hood River Organic Garlic and mix. Squeeze in juice from lemon to taste. Transfer to a bowl and mix in Parmesan with spatula.
Note: If sauce is too thick add more olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy with your favorite pasta, or spread on toasted baguette, with sliced tomatoes.