Welcome to Hood River Garlic!
This page last updated on December 1st 2022. Just in time for Holiday gift giving and your holiday meals! We have some Silver White garlic seed mixed Artichoke culinary garlic*, and The Holiday Garlic of The Month is available. We also have a limited time Gift Item available for the Holiday Season. A Garlic Twist plus 1/4 pound of organic garlic (for culinary use or seed!). All Garlic Twist and 1/4 pound of organic garlic will ship the same day the order is placed if order is received before 3:00 pm, PST, orders placed after 3:00 pm, PST will be shipped the next day. Thank you.
This is our 20th (!!!) Anniversary being Certified Organic by the Oregon Tilth!
- The mixed Artichoke culinary garlic is a mix of Early Italian Red, Kettle River and Transylvanian. They are mixed together so they will not be identified in the bag.
Please note: This is a sample shipping schedule from the 2023 Garlic Planting Season. We are keeping it posted so you can have a look and see when your garlic will ship for the 2023 Garlic Planting Season. If you would like your garlic seed to be shipped in September, please order it before June, 2023. Thank you! If you order your garlic after September 14th, 2023, it will be shipped starting the 2nd week of October.
If you ordered your garlic seed for the fall garlic planting season in: (remember this is a sample from lasts years garlic planting season!)
- January, your garlic will ship between Sept 15th – Sept 16th. Yippee! Your garlic has shipped.
- February, your garlic will ship between Sept 17th – Sept 18th. Yay! Your garlic has shipped.
- March, your garlic will ship between Sept 18th – Sept 19th. Wahoo! Your garlic has shipped.
- April, your garlic will ship between Sept 19th – Sept 20th. Awesome! Your garlic has shipped.
- May, your garlic will ship between Sept 21st – Sept 22nd. Nice job! Your garlic has shipped.
- June, your garlic will ship between Sept 23rd – Sept 26th. Splendid! Your garlic has shipped!
- July, your garlic will ship between Sept 27th – Oct 1st. Get stoked! Your garlic has shipped!
- August, your garlic will ship Oct – 2nd – 4th. Perfecta Mundo! Your garlic has shipped!
- September, your garlic will ship Oct 5th -9th. Splendid! Your garlic has shipped!
- October, Your garlic will ship Oct 11th – Oct 31st. Your garlic has shipped!
- Please note: We start taking pre-season orders in January, 2022. We usually sell out of most of the hardneck varieties by July. If you are interested in hardneck varieties, please order before the end of June. Thanks!
This year marks our 22nd garlic planting season and we are looking forward to our 22nd planting season! Thank you to all of our fabulous customers making it possible for us to provide you with fabulous Certified Organic Seed Garlic and Certified Organic Culinary Garlic.
Specializing in certified organic garlic seed for planting garlic in your own garden, Hood River Garlic is a certified organic garlic farm located in the beautiful Hood River Valley, Oregon, USA. We take great pride in growing garlic and strive to sell our customers the best organic garlic seed available. Dedicated to environmental sustainability we have always been organic and became Certified Organic by the Oregon Tilth in May, 2002. This is our 19th year being Certified Organic! All Hood River Garlic is grown in The Columbia River Gorge, from U.S.A. grown organic garlic seed stock.
Please note: Substitutions- Farming is very unpredictable. We do our best to provide premium quality organic seed garlic. We try to manage our inventory as best as possible, but sometimes there may be shortages of certain garlic varieties. If a shortage occurs we will have to make a substitution. We will make the substitution as close as possible to the original garlic variety ordered. If there is not a proper substitution, we will contact you with a selection of comparable varieties. Thank you for your understanding.
Please Note: All garlic seed ordered now will be shipped starting the first week of October, 2022. There is no garlic available for immediate shipping. If you order garlic from now through mid September and expect it to be shipped immediately, and then ask to cancel your order when you find out it will not ship until mid September, there will be a canceled order fee (please see refund page). Sorry for the cancel order fee, but we try to make it clear that there is no garlic available now. It is written in six different paragraphs and window boxes before you get to the variety that you choose to order, where it is also written in the Garlic Seed Description. Thank you.