- 1 lb carrots, peeled
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 small butternut squash (about 2 lbs) peeled and seeded
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Cut the carrots, parsnips, sweet potato and squash into 1 to 1 ¼ inch cubes. Don’t cut too small because you will get shrinkage. The garlic just needs to be peeled, do not chop! I prefer a Marbled Purple Stripe like Siberian, or a Porcelain like Zemo for their large cloves.
Place veggies into a large bowl, drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper, toss well. Transfer onto two sheet pans. Bake for 25 – 35 minutes, turn after the first 15 minutes. Test for doneness when all veggies are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot.