Cook 1 cup quinoa while preparing veggies.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of Swiss chard, cleaned and chopped
- ½ pound each broccoli and green beans cleaned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (pecans, almonds or walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons each soy sauce, rice vinegar and toasted sesame oil
In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft. Add veggies, ginger and liquids. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. You may add a tablespoon of water to steam chard leaves. Put quinoa in a large bowl and add veggies. Fold in nuts. Enjoy!